Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Word of God Speak

"Finding myself at a lost for words, and the funny thing is, it's okay. The last thing I need, is to be heard, but to hear, what you would say."-Mercy Me "Word of God Speak"

What a world we live in! We are a part of a society that constantly feels the need to make their opinion felt. Everyone feels as if they must put their stamp on every conversation that exist. That they must be a part of every problem, every time of joy, every situation. Think about it. The only thing on television are reality shows. (I mean reality shows are real, right?) What makes reality shows so popular? We want to be a part of other peoples lives. That's not all bad, if we are doing it to be a shoulder to cry on and a friend to laugh with. It just amazes me at how we are so much more involved with the things around our lives than our own life. At this point you are thinking, "Wow this guy has an axe to grind!" Your right. I am sick and tired of the crap we have to be surrounded by everyday. Here's a better example. We have a country singer who sings one song asking "Jesus take the wheel" and the next she is talking about destroying another persons vehicle and ruining their life. Am I the only one that sees a problem with this? Sadly you could take a poll and about half our church congregations could sing her latest hits. If we as Christians can quote the words to these songs and tell you everything in the lives of those on television however we can not tell you what the sermon on the mount is about and what is going on in the lives of those who sat next to us in church this past Sunday. If this is you, it's time to have a reality check. It's time to get things right. It's time to start fighting back. I will do this alone if necessary, I won't do it happily because this is something we should all be pushing for. I quoted this song by Mercy Me because it is more true today than ever before. It's time we all quit using our own words and our own excuses and start praying that God will pour down on us. It's time we cry out for the wisdom that only he our Savior can give. It's time to not only cry out, it's time to listen and prepare to act on it. If this has offended you I ask you why. I ask you to ask yourself why, then I ask you to ask God why. I think your answer will come and I think it will include an anger to start fighting for the things that we so often preach about. The Will of God.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Right on my brother!! I was just listening to a 3 minute clip last night by Brennen Manning, (I will send it to you after I type this). In the clip he quotes a man that I can't remember saying that God created us in his image and we are now creating him in ours. That is so true. I can't wrap my head around the love that he has for us. Everytime Eli climbs in my lap and says "I love you Daddy" I remind myself that I could never give my son up for anybody. That is Amazing love!!