Wednesday, August 6, 2008

ANTS!!!

I have to ask, is there another human alive that despises ants like myself. I can not stand them. What good do they serve? They make big ole honk'n hills in my yard, they get in the garage to eat the least little thing on the ground, and they bite you every chance they get. Then after you think you have killed all of them or put enough poison out that they will stay away...BOOM there's twice as many back again. Then to rub salt in an open wound Proverbs 6:6-8 (Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in the summer and gathers its food at harvest) tells us how great and wonderful are the ants. Obviously Solomon never had any of these ants! However, I do think I understand his point. These little creatures have no ruler, yet they do things in perfect harmony to survive. Not only do they survive but they multiply and farther their hold (in my yard!) I think about myself and how I have the greatest ruler of all and even have a big instruction manual on how to live, yet I screw it up all the time. I don't like ants on so many levels, however I must admit I am in awe of how they operate. Maybe at some point in time I will learn to be more like them. You know, do the right things, at the right times, the right ways, for the right reasons. Maybe then I will recognize how blessed I truly am and not even ants can take away from that!

2 comments:

McKinney Madness said...

What about fruit flies? :) Very good point you make. Gives you something to think about... thanks for opening my eyes to new ideas and ways of thinking.

Greg said...

Why it was just this week that I received three ant bites....at the same time. I do have to say that they are probably my least favorite thing in the yard. Thanks for helping me to see them in a different light even though it doesn't make the bites itch any less.