Sunday, August 3, 2008

Isaiah 40:28-31

View the video FIRST
http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=139f9c4c0036b123ee12

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint!" Isaiah 40:28-31

"The Lord is the everlasting God"
What was your favorite part of the skit? I can watch that video a million times and every time I see the man playing God throw the rope down at the end I get chills. In my head I think about how she is so trapped in sin and there was only one way God can save her. He had to sacrifice his own life. I think about how Jesus cried out "Father if there is any way please pass this cup." However, God knew there was only one way and that was to sacrifice his own. Isn't it refreshing though to know that we serve an everlasting God. I must ask you this though. Isaiah says, "those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength..." What are you doing with your renewed strength. Are you returning to the things that made you weak to begin with or are you taking that renewed strength and striving for excellence? Today is the only day we have to work with, make it count. When you place your head on your pillow tonight, think back and ask yourself, "what did I do with my renewed strength?" Then make a commitment to yourself and your Father, "if You give me another day, I will do even more, with your guidance." The Lord is the everlasting God, aren't you glad your blessed enough to be on his team!

No comments: