Tuesday, September 16, 2008

IT'S BACK!!!

After some computer/Internet issues we are back up and going! Sorry for the delay.

One thing I try to do each day is read a chapter in Proverbs. That is where the idea for this blog is from. Each day's writings have some backing from Proverbs and that is intentional. Today is obviously the 16th. Let's look at two verses in Proverbs 16.

"To man belong the plans of the heart, but from the Lord comes the reply of the tongue." Proverbs 16:1

"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." Proverbs 16:3

One of my biggest problems and greatest attributes is I dream to large. The reason this is a problem is I dream large and often. The reason it is an attribute I believe reflects an old saying: "Without a dream the people perish." The problem is I have so many plans and dreams I never commit to any of them. Everyday it's a new idea, a new invention, a new goal. The next morning those sets of dreams have faded and a new set have taken priority.
Should I stop dreaming? I don't believe that is the case. I think the answers fall in these two verses. I often have plans that I dream up, only to have the Lord say "not now, not yet," or just "NO." It often leads to disappointment, however by Him saying "no" I am sure it saves me from greater disappointment. I think that maybe this is the case for most of us. In a recent Bible study over half the people in attendance requested prayer because they are unhappy with their current jobs. I wonder if the reason is because God is now leading them in a different direction. Is he? Are we listening? A better question of why we might be stuck in a rut of unhappiness at work is this: He is starting to open our eyes to a new direction however we are not ready to commit to the new plans he has for us. I challenge all who read this just as I am challenging myself: COMMIT. Commit to the plans he has for you. Commit to praying about them daily. Commit to giving Him 100%. Commit to success.

No comments: